Sunday, October 10, 2010
Dutch turns 4!
Dutch celebrated his 4th birthday yesterday. I can't believe he is already four years old, that happened really fast. We had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our precious child's life. Dutch has been telling us for the past couple of months that he wanted a blue birthday. We weren't really sure what that meant, but I was determined to deliver. I decided to incorporate trains into the blue theme since he is still 100% a devoted Thomas the Train fan. In the morning we took Dutch down to Boulder City to ride on a real train. He was so excited.
His ticket!

Waiting to board.

Dutch with the Conductor.



After the train ride we came home and had all the kids take a nap including Dutch so that they would all be well rested for his first big birthday party with friends. He was so excited to have everyone come over. David and I stayed up late the night before getting everything ready, so we wouldn't have to do anything but enjoy Dutch on his birthday.
Getting things ready.

Once all of Dutch's friends showed up we had a BBQ and let the kids play with each other.
Then we got the pinata out, such a big hit with kids. Everyone was able to have a couple of turns trying to bust it open.


Snow White was even able to make it to the birthday party.
The kids collecting all the candy. I'm sure all the moms loved that we sent their kids home with so much candy.


Then it was time to sing happy birthday and blow out candles.
Notice how Dutch has a cupcake for each hand, only on his birthday!!
Opening Presents, so much fun.
Notice Maylee's expression in this picture, she got overly dramatically excited for Dutch when he opened this present. It was SO cute!


It was a great birthday. We had a ton of fun celebrating with Dutch and we are so glad that all of our friends were able to make it to the party to help celebrate with us.
Now I am going to take a minute to brag about Dutch's awesome birthday cake that I made for him. Normally I try super hard to be humble and not boast :) but this cake deserves some boasting about. At least for me it does. It's the first time I have ever made a themed birthday cake. It was pretty easy, nothing to complicated but it still turned out just perfect and I was pretty proud of myself. Ok, I'm done bragging now.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is an awesome cake! You have such cute kids.
I love the cake idea. I cant believe you have three kids 4 and younger. You are a champion of moms!!!
What a great birthday. I love that he got to ride a real train. And it was blue!!! and the cake is totally amazing. You are so awesome babe!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUTCH!! looks like you had a very fun day.. fun to ride the train and have a blue birthday party! you are a super cool 4 year old:) we love you lots! now a word to your parents... way cute cake! it looks darling! you guys all are looking great! glad you had fun celebrating your little man! love you all!!
Post a Comment