Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dutch's Birthday Party

Yesterday we celebrated Dutch's birthday with all the family. It turned out to be such a great day. David had to go to work in the morning, so I just got my workout done and my shower in while he was gone. And then when he got home we started cleaning the house and backyard to get it presentable for everyone to come over. Well, while we were cleaning David opened all the windows because the temperature was just gorgeous outside. Having my windows open with a breeze coming in the house just makes for an incredibly great day. It was one of the those days where my house is perfectly clean, the windows are open, kids are happy and I just feel like I am the luckiest person in the world and that life just can't get any better. And being around family is my favorite way to spend my days. And I especially love to have our family over at our house. The party went really well. David set up Dutch's tunnels and tents in the backyard for all the kids to play in. I made a little birthday video for Dutch. It was a lot of his pictures since he was born and some video clips of him all put together. It turned out so good. So we all sat down to watch that once everyone had arrived. However Dutch climbed up on my lap about half way through the video and fell asleep. Once the video was over we all tried to wake him up but we had no such luck. You know all the pictures I post of him sleeping in funny places all over the house. Well this kid was out like a rock during his party. I laid him in the middle of the living room and every one sang really loud, Happy Birthday, nothing he didn't even flinch. I sat him up and he just stay out. So we finally gave up and let him sleep for about 45 minutes while the rest of us ate cake and ice cream. So Dutch didn't get to blow out any candles on his cake. But then after we were all done eating David was finally able to wake Dutch up and we opened his birthday gifts. He got awesome gifts from everyone, he loves them all. He got a lot of Lighting McQueen cars, which of course he loves. We had such a wonderful time with our family. Dutch just loves his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. He is such a blessed little boy to have so many people in his life that love him so much. He had a great time playing in the backyard with all of his cousins and then watching his new movie Peter Pan with them after the party was over. My mom came over about 45 minutes or so before the party began because she had to leave early so we let Dutch open his gift from her before everyone else arrived. That was the only gift that he was completely awake and not grouchy for. He started to open it by himself but then about 2 seconds into it he asked for help. I guess he just knew he wouldn't be able to open it fast enough.
By himself...
With help from Daddy... Sound asleep... when we were trying to wake him up... After his nap opening presents from everyone with Daddy's help... Maylee was very excited about all the wrapping paper and boxes that she got to eat... I didn't get hardly any pictures which really disappoints me. I get so busy making sure everything is going smoothly and visiting that I forget to take pictures. I'm going to have to do better at future parties.

2 comments:

Britt said...

what a fun little birthday party. i agree with you on the clean house, happy kids, breeze coming thru the windows. I was going to blog about that very thing. Our perfect weather lately. ahh.. so relaxing. that is so funny dutch sleeps thru everything..what a little turkey!

oh a tip.. if you want it. I have trouble remembering to take pictures at parties and get togethers too. The last few years I find a younger sibling of mine.. or perhaps someone that looks bored.. and I put them on camera duty. That way.. I might be in some of the pictures. My little sisters love to do that and guests usually don't mind helping either. ;)

K&S said...

Hey Breezy! I saw your blog on Stacy's blog. So cute! It sounds like Dutch had a fun birthday. Can you believe how fast they grow?
I am so jelouse that you got to have a family party! I miss having family around and having my kids beable to play with almost all of their cousins. We have Kory's brother that lives in Buckeye and that helps.
Anyway, I think your fam is darling!