Friday, October 31, 2008
While I was making dinner last night, Dutch was playing in one of the cupboards and he found the cornstarch. The picture can tell the rest of the story.
Then when David got home from work we finally got around to craving our pumpkin. We've been wanting to do it for a while but we just couldn't find the time when we were all home at the same time and not sleeping. Dutch was so excited when we first got started. David got the top all cut off and it was time to take the guts out. And Dutch would have nothing to do with it. No amount of coaxing or begging could get him to put his hand inside the pumpkin. Even when I tried to just let him touch the guts while I was holding it, he wouldn't. I guess it was just to gross for him. About 6 minutes into it he decided pumpkin craving wasn't for him and he wanted to swing. So David and the kids went outside to play while I got to finish gutting the pumpkin and then David got the job of craving out the face. Which he did very good. We've had a few years of questionable pumpkin craving but he redeem himself this year and just did a normal pumpkin face. Despite Dutch not wanting anything to do with the gutting of the pumpkin or craving, it was still a fun evening. I just love having family time.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is cute that Dutch wouldn't stick his hand in the pumpkin..but yet he would make a mess with cornstarch! I love the flower costume too. I am all about the deals! Usually we just swap with friends or family, every now and then we buy a new one if is a smokin deal!
pumpkin carving..those were the good ol days...now i just buy them and sit them on the porch until they start oozing.....haha....just lazy i guess...
Post a Comment