Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mailbox Keys

About four or five months ago Dutch and I went out to check the mail. On the way into the house Dutch wanted to carry the mailbox keys. No big deal, I let him before and once we get into the house I take the keys and hang them back up. Well I forgot to take the keys back when we got into the house. And it wasn't until a couple of days later when I wanted to check the mail that I realized they were gone. So I searched the house high and low, I couldn't find them anywhere. But I figured they would show up in a few days. Well they didn't, so I couple of days later David and I searched the house again, from top to bottom. No such luck. So I just waited for our mail lady to come so I could get the mail. I figured that they would show up so I wanted to wait just a little bit longer. Well a few weeks pass and they don't turn up so I figured Dutch must have thrown them away. He was going through this phase where he was throwing everything in the trash, his toys, my kitchen towels, etc. So I decide to just go ahead and get some new keys. Well it turns out that it is a lot harder to get mail keys than I had thought it would be. I finally figured out that in order to get new keys I have to call a locksmith. So I make some calls. And it is going to cost about 100 dollars to get new keys. I don't have an extra $100 just laying around for some mail keys, so I continue to just wait for the mail lady once a week. Which is no fun at all. I only have one window in my house the faces my front yard and it is in my dining room. A room I never go into during the day. And the mail lady comes anywhere between 11 and 3. So I have to keep walking into the dining room about every five minutes to make sure I don't miss her. Her name is Crystal, we actually became friends throughout this ordeal. Anyways this goes on for probably four months. But finally the other day I decided to completely reorganize Dutch's closet. Which I have already searched for the keys in there, they weren't in there or so I thought. I took everything out. I store all of the baby things that we aren't currently using in that closet. So I finally get everything out of the closet except for this one last toy. It's a toy that snaps onto the highchair. Anyways when I get to the toy I was about to just toss it into the room to figure out what to do with later, when I realize that it is put together wrong, so I decided to put it together right just real quick. And low and behold in the little hole on this toy is my keys. I still would not have found my mail keys if I hadn't decided to put the toy back to it's proper order, I didn't see them when I picked the toy up. But I was so excited. So now I no longer have to wait for Crystal anymore, it's so nice. I even had one of my stupid Breezy blond thoughts when I found my keys. My mom will appreciate this. I thought to myself, "I hope these keys still work in my mailbox." I'm a dork I know, but guess what, they do still fit in my mailbox and it is so nice to be able to check my mail when ever I want.
Here is the toy that I found them in. Did you see the keys right away? And this is the pile of stuff that the toy was under. How Dutch managed this one, I will never know. Because this toy was completely under all this stuff.

9 comments:

Brandi Jo said...

Kids blow me away sometimes with the things they do!
Thanks for entering the Give-A-Way. I'll put ya in the bucket one time. Thanks again!

Britt said...

HAHAH! Seriously.. that is hilarious. That is great.. you made a new friends. Man oh man.. I did not know it was so expensive to replace those dang keys.. I will try harder not to lose them.

Courtney said...

That is amazing!!! I bet you were so glad you saved yourself $100! Lucky girl.

DaNell said...

Bet you never appreciated a key so much in your life. At least you meet a friend through the big ordeal.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

LOL What fun times! You guys went all out for his birthday! I Love that Dutch slept through his own party.I still can't get over how he can just sleep anywhere! My two older boys Ben and Quade have to be in their beds or they do not sleep at all, and it has to be dark outside as long as the sun is up so are they.

Dawn Walterscheid said...

I am very happy that you found your keys. So are you going to let Duch carry the keys any more?

jadie said...

i am glad that you found the keys!! iam glad you dont have to watch out the window anymore!! but i love that you had to do that.. i can still picture you sitting and waiting!! its so funny!! now you will never have to do that again!! yeah!!

Jolisa said...

Hey Breezy, I found your blog! I am the queen of losing keys. At least you can blame a little kid and not your adult self like me. I am constantly asking myself, "what did I do with my keys?"

Cindy Carroll said...

So...did they still work? haha!!!! i'm still looking at the picture trying to find them...are they in the picture or is this a trick?