Friday, October 10, 2008

I had a really good time celebrating Dutch's birthday yesterday. I know that he won't remember it and he really had no idea what a birthday is yet but I tried to make yesterday a special day regardless. I got him some birthday pajamas that I let him wear Wednesday night to bed that way he could wake up in them. I figure why save the tradition for just Christmas Eve only. So I got him some Lighting McQueen PJ's which he loved. Also on Wednesday night after I got him to bed I filled the living room up with balloons and streamers. Dutch pretty much always wakes up crabby and getting him happy in the morning is a pretty huge task. Well yesterday he of course woke up crabby and crying but once we took him out to the living room his mood instantly changed. He ran and jumped in the balloons and had so much fun. He played in there all morning. He usually eats breakfast first thing but I couldn't pull him away for the longest time. Then when he finally decided he wanted to eat breakfast I made him oatmeal and he ate a mini cupcake. Only on his birthday would I ever let him eat a mini cupcake with his breakfast but he thought it was pretty cool. And he stayed in his Pajamas all morning.
Here he is Wednesday night in his Pajamas
And on his Birthday morning playing in the balloons (which Maylee loved too) Eating a Cupcake for breakfast Then later in the day after lunch and a nap I took him to McDonald's and got him a Ice cream cone and some French fries and let him play in the toys. He definitely thought that was cool. That was his first time ever to McDonald's. When we first got there he was a little unsure because there was a lot of bigger kids running around. But once the place cleared out it was just Dutch and another little boy Dutch's age and they played together for a long time. Then when Daddy finally got home from work we had our family celebration. We ordered pizza for dinner and blew out candles and opened a couple of presents. He of course loved eating the pizza, it's his favorite dinner. However David didn't end up getting home from work until seven so by then Dutch was so hungry and throwing a fit in my room because he wanted to eat right now but I knew David was just minutes away. So when David got home the only way to lure Dutch out of our room was to take the pizza in there and show it to him. That got him in a good mood again. He did really well with blowing out the candles. Daddy did have to help him a little but he was very excited while we sang happy birthday to him. Then he opened his presents. And I was surprised because he just knew what to do and tore up the gifts with some help from Daddy. He got a movie and a Leap Frog learning toy, which he loves. So all in all it was a pretty good birthday. His alphabet toy is a magnetic toy for the fridge but since our fridge is stainless steel magnets won't stick to it so he gets to use the washer and dryer to play with his toy. But he seems to love i, he spends a lot of time in the laundry room now.

4 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

What a fun day! I'm sure he loved every little fun thing that you did for him. Happy Birthday Dutch!

Stacy said...

That is so fun. I am glad he had a good day! I love the leap frog toy, I totally want that for Haylie.

best this about mini cupcake for kids... they think they are getting more by getting 2 but it is still lest than one regular sized cupcake.

Happy Birthday Dutch!

Blackson family said...

Dutch it looks like you had a wonderful birthday. My kids absolutely love the alphabet magnetic toy too.

jadie said...

i hope that dutch had a great birthday!! he is getting big!! give that 2 year old a big kiss from his aunt!!!